Friday, April 18, 2008
I've got a child!
I am currently single but I have a child, from now on!
The pic above was used in previous post: 你的一餐，别人的一个月饭碗 (about 2 yrs ago in 2006). It was a poster I created for my presentation and I got the highest grade for the poster. yeah...
I can't believe I am so into charity now. Thinking of working for 3 hours on campus can actually sponsor a child for a month (RM50), I decided to go for it.
The benefits of sponsoring a child:
1. U help a child, a family, and probably the community
2. U can hav a child though u noe u cant have one in a short while or u can never have one (it applies to non-heterosexuals, transvertives, monks, and those with reproduction problems)
3. The responsiblities of raising a child is so much heavier than sponsoring one.
4. It makes u feel better though u often spend a lot like me. Seriously, it eases my guilt of spending too much on shopping.
5. U can tell ppl that u r kind. haha... It's so useful in impressing someone u like.
An Indonesian child, named Albertus, from singkawang, Kalimantan, Indonesia has been assigned to me. He is 11 years old and his favorite subject is Math. Same interest huh...
I should also give some credits to the helpful services provided by World Vision staff in following up my matter since my form was actually lost since I sent it from the US. Knowing that I m not in Malaysia, the staff even sent an electronic copy of the child's profile to me while the official mail is on its way to my home in KL.
P/S: Eat lesser, Drink lesser, smoke lesser, shop lesser, sponsor a child at RM50/month!